Women’s Day is celebrated every year on March 8th and is a time to reflect on the achievements of women throughout history. This day is dedicated to celebrating women’s social, economic, cultural and political achievements. It is also a day to empower women and inspire them to continue breaking down barriers. Here are some inspirational Women’s Day quotes that will encourage and motivate women everywhere.
1. “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
Eleanor Roosevelt was a powerful figure in American politics and a champion of human rights. This quote reminds us that if we believe in ourselves and our abilities, we can achieve anything we set our minds to. It is important for women to have confidence in themselves and their dreams, despite any obstacles they may face.
2. “A woman is like a tea bag – you can’t tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
Another quote from Eleanor Roosevelt, this one highlights the resilience and strength of women. When faced with adversity, women have the ability to rise above it and come out stronger than before. This quote is a reminder of the power that women possess.
3. “I am not free while any woman is unfree, even when her shackles are very different from my own.” – Audre Lorde
Audre Lorde was a feminist writer and activist who fought for the rights of women and people of color. This quote speaks to the idea that women must support each other in the fight for equality. Women’s liberation is not complete until all women are free from oppression and discrimination.
4. “Feminism isn’t about making women stronger. Women are already strong. It’s about changing the way the world perceives that strength.” – G.D. Anderson
This quote challenges the idea that women need to be made stronger. Women are already strong, but their strength is often overlooked or undervalued. Feminism is about changing this perception and recognizing the power and potential of women.
5. “If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman.” – Margaret Thatcher
Margaret Thatcher was the first female Prime Minister of the United Kingdom and a trailblazer for women in politics. This quote highlights the idea that women are not only capable of getting things done, but they often do it better than men. It is important to recognize and value the contributions of women in all areas of life.
6. “Women are the real architects of society.” – Harriet Beecher Stowe
Harriet Beecher Stowe was an American author and abolitionist who wrote the influential novel “Uncle Tom’s Cabin”. This quote recognizes the important role that women play in shaping society. Women have always been instrumental in creating and maintaining communities, families, and societies.
7. “The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.” – Alice Walker
Alice Walker is a Pulitzer Prize-winning author and activist who has written extensively about race and gender issues. This quote reminds us that we all have power, but we often give it up by not believing in ourselves. Women must recognize their power and use it to effect positive change.
8. “I am a woman with thoughts and questions and sh*t to say. I say if I’m beautiful. I say if I’m strong. You will not determine my story – I will.” – Amy Schumer
Amy Schumer is a comedian and actress who uses her platform to speak out on issues affecting women. This quote is a reminder that women should not be defined by others, but should be free to define themselves. Women have the power to shape their own stories and determine their own destinies.
9. “The difference between successful people and others is how long they spend time feeling sorry for themselves.” – Barbara Corcoran
Barbara Corcoran is a successful businesswoman and investor who is known for her role on the TV show “Shark Tank”. This quote reminds us that we all face setbacks and challenges, but it is how we respond to them that defines us. Women must be resilient and persistent in the face of adversity.
10. “Women are the largest untapped reservoir of talent in the world.” – Hillary Clinton
Hillary Clinton is a former Secretary of State and the first woman to become a major party’s nominee for President of the United States. This quote highlights the fact that women have immense potential that has yet to be fully realized. It is important for society to recognize and invest in the talents and abilities of women.
Women’s Day is a time to celebrate the achievements of women throughout history and to inspire and empower women everywhere. These quotes serve as a reminder of the strength, resilience, and potential of women. Let us continue to break down barriers and work toward a more equal and just world for all.