Work can be stressful and overwhelming, but it doesn’t have to be boring. Sometimes, all it takes is a little bit of humor to brighten up the day. That’s why we’ve gathered some of the funniest and most inspirational quotes about work to help you get through the day with a smile on your face.
1. “I choose a lazy person to do a hard job because a lazy person will find an easy way to do it.” – Bill Gates
This quote from Bill Gates is a reminder that being lazy doesn’t always mean being unproductive. Sometimes, it’s about finding a more efficient way to get the job done. So, don’t be afraid to think outside the box and find creative solutions to your work problems.
2. “The only way to do great work is to love what you do.” – Steve Jobs
Steve Jobs reminds us that passion is the key to success. When you love what you do, it doesn’t feel like work at all. So, find something you’re passionate about and pursue it with all your heart.
3. “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” – Thomas Edison
Thomas Edison’s quote is a reminder that failure is not the end. Every failure is a lesson that brings you closer to success. So, don’t be afraid to make mistakes and learn from them.
4. “I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific.” – Lily Tomlin
Lily Tomlin’s quote is a humorous take on the idea of ambition. It’s important to have goals and dreams, but it’s equally important to be specific about what you want to achieve. Don’t just aim to be somebody, aim to be the best at what you do.
5. “The elevator to success is out of order. You’ll have to use the stairs…one step at a time.” – Joe Girard
This quote from Joe Girard reminds us that success is not a quick and easy journey. It takes hard work, dedication, and perseverance. So, take it one step at a time and keep climbing.
6. “The best way to appreciate your job is to imagine yourself without one.” – Oscar Wilde
Oscar Wilde’s quote is a reminder to be grateful for what you have. It’s easy to take our jobs for granted, but imagining life without one can help us appreciate the value of our work.
7. “I have a photographic memory but I always forget to bring the film.” – Steven Wright
Sometimes, work can be so stressful that we forget to have a sense of humor. Steven Wright’s quote is a lighthearted reminder to laugh at ourselves and not take everything too seriously.
8. “Don’t watch the clock; do what it does. Keep going.” – Sam Levenson
Sam Levenson’s quote is a reminder to stay focused on the task at hand. It’s easy to get distracted by the clock and the end of the workday, but true productivity comes from staying focused and persevering until the job is done.
9. “Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.” – Albert Schweitzer
Albert Schweitzer reminds us that success is not the ultimate goal. Happiness is. When you love what you do, success will naturally follow. So, focus on finding joy in your work and success will come as a result.
10. “I have a love/hate relationship with deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by.” – Douglas Adams
Last but not least, Douglas Adams reminds us that deadlines can be both motivating and frustrating. While they can push us to work harder and faster, they can also be sources of stress. So, embrace the deadlines and enjoy the whooshing noise they make as they pass by.
In conclusion, work doesn’t have to be a drag. With a little bit of humor and inspiration, you can find joy and fulfillment in even the most mundane tasks. So, take these funny and inspirational quotes about work to heart and tackle each day with a smile on your face.